After a chef’s knife and a paring knife, some cooks say that the knife they most can’t live without is their bread knife. If you’re looking for a new bread knife, this blonde-handled version of Shun’s Classic Bread Knife is a beautiful choice. Don’t ruin a fresh loaf of bread by squashing it beneath the blade of a dull knife. Instead, use the wide, “low frequency” serrations of the Shun Classic Blonde Bread Knife to simply glide through crusty or tender bread. The undulating serrations provide the power you need to gently saw through a crusty loaf without tearing the tender interior. And it works equally well on very soft breads and even pastries.
- Slice tender or crusty breads with no ripping, squashing or tearing
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped blonde PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won’t harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for a lightweight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan