A santoku is a Japanese all-purpose kitchen knife. Like a chef’s knife, the santoku is used for just about every cutting job in the kitchen. The name means “three virtues.” Depending on who you ask, the name refers either to the three types of foods it works well with—vegetables, proteins, and fruit—or for the three types of cuts at which it excels—slicing, dicing and chopping. This Shun Classic Santoku also features hollow-ground indentations on the blade to help reduce friction so the blade glides through the food more easily. When we first introduced the Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Santoku to the market, it was named “Kitchen Knife of the Year” by BLADE MAGAZINE.
- Add this award-winning knife to your kitchen
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won’t harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for a lightweight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
There are no reviews yet.