For boning, the narrow, sharp, curved blade gets in close to the bone, making it easy to separate meat from the bone. Even fibrous tissue is no match for Shun’s extremely sharp edge. It’s perfect for trimming the silver skin from a tenderloin or roast or even making your own cutlets. The narrow blade reduces the drag as you cut against the meat, so cutting is fast and easy. When it comes to filleting fish, the blade’s six-inch length is just right to glide through the body of the fish, quickly removing bones and skin.
- Curved, rigid blade gets in close and offers controlled cutting
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won’t harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for a lightweight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan